Peer Reviewing Processes
All article submission, evaluation and publication processes to the International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Food Sciences are carried out through the Dergipark system (https://dergipark.org.tr/jaefs).
After the user login to the Dergipark system https://dergipark.org.tr/login by the referee, the following processes must be followed.
Peer Reviewing Processes
- In the International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Food Sciences, the reviewers are selected from among the experts on the subjects covered in the articles.
- All selected reviewers are informed about the responsibilities of the referees and the ethical principles, article evaluation criteria, and procedure of the International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Food Sciences.
- Reviewers must take into account after accept peer reviewing on the system ethical principles.
- Reviewers should only accept reviewing of articles for which they have the necessary expertise to perform an appropriate review, can respect the confidentiality of blind peer review, and keep the details of the article confidential at all times.
- Reviewers invited for article review are expected to submit their decision to accept or reject the review within 7 days.
- The reviewer who does not make a decision at the end of this period is deemed to have rejected the review, and the editor appoints a new reviewer.
- The reviewers who accept the review are expected to express their opinions within 7 days from the date of invitation acceptance.
- An additional period of up to 7 days is given to the reviewer who does not complete the review process within this period if the reviewer requests. If the referee does not request additional time, a new referee can be appointed.
- Each reviewer who accepts the invitation to review is asked to fill in a review form and declare the acceptance or rejection opinions about the article by providing concrete reasons.
Reviewers are expected to answer all the questions in the International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Food Sciences Manuscript Evaluation Form.
- After completing this Manuscript Evaluation Form, the reviewers can make the following decisions:
Decisions: Major Revision, Minor Revision, Reject, Accept
- If one of the peer review reports is positive and the other is negative, the article is sent to a third reviewer.
- A single peer review report is sufficient for the rejection of a manuscript, but at least two peer review reports are required for its acceptance.
- If one of the peer reviews reports "Accept" or "Minor Revision" and the other "Major Revision" and the editor's opinion favors the acceptance of the article, the manuscript is sent to the same reviewer after the author makes the corrections.
- According to the opinion of the reviewer who has a "Major Revision" report, the article can be rejected, accepted, or sent to a new reviewer.
- The reviewer requesting revision may request to re-evaluate the article after revision. An additional 7 days are given to the reviewer for this evaluation.
- Reviewers can contact the editor via the DergiPark messages section for further guidance or report any suspected violations.
- The correspondence here is not seen by the authors.
- The data of the articles based on field research or data analysis can be requested from the editor by the reviewer for a healthy review of the analyses in the article.
- The editor of the International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Food Sciences communicates with the author in this regard and transmits the data to the reviewer.
- Reviewers should not have any conflicts of interest regarding the research, authors, and/or research funders. When a conflict of interest is foreseen, the referee should contact the editorial board and indicate a possible conflict of interest. The Conflict of Interest Framework published by COPE will be taken into account in any conflicts of interest that may arise. (https://publicationethics.org/case/conflict-interest).
- Reviewers cannot make use of the data of the articles they have reviewed before they are published or share this data with others.
- The names of the reviewers who make evaluations in the journal are published in the full issue files.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Editor in Chief: Prof.Dr. Gültekin ÖZDEMİR
Address: Dicle University Faculty of Agriculture Department of Horticulture, Diyarbakir, Türkiye
Publishing Service: Edit Publishing
Address: Dicle Teknokent Yiğit Çavuş Mah. Silvan Yolu Üzeri Kat:2 No:26, Diyarbakır, Türkiye
WhatsApp: +90 850 309 59 27